Spring has sprung! The warmer, drier weather brings with it the sounds of lawnmowers and thoughts of outdoor activities. Before we completely shift our attention outside, it’s worth noting this winter was extremely busy for the Central Linn Recreation Association. CLRA saw the introduction of new Officers while continuing to build on the hard work of past Officers and Sports Directors. This winter also saw another strong turnout for the basketball program. The 108 kids from the Central Linn community kept our 13 coaches, 13 assistant coaches, timekeepers, officials, and volunteers extremely busy. There was hardly a night you could drive by the Central Linn Recreation Center and not hear the sound of laughter and cheering.
As the weather warms we are excited to get outside for the upcoming Baseball, Softball, Coach Pitch & T-Ball season. Signups are currently underway with registration packets available at Brownsville City Hall and the Central Linn Elementary School. Signups will be closing soon so don’t delay! The season for our K-2nd graders (T-Ball & Coach Pitch) will run the month of May with baseball and softball games running May -June.
While our baseball and softball teams wait for a little drier weather this spring our soccer kids are off and running! Spring soccer kicks off April 8. Come out and cheer on the kids! If you’re in Halsey April 1st don’t forget to wave at Janette Ehlig-Anderson (CLRA Soccer Sports Director) and her team of volunteers as they host a Field Building Day at the Elementary School from 9-12 noon.
This summer CLRA will be implementing a new online sport registration system.
The new online registration will:
- Save time – Participants can sign up online when and where is most convenient for them in just a few minutes without having to print, manually fill out and send paper forms.
- Enter multiple registrations – Participants have the ability to sign-up for multiple sports without re-entering the same information more than once.
- Access to discounts – Participants can take advantage of offered discount programs
- Securely and conveniently pay online option – Participants can simply enter their credit card details online to securely complete their registration.
- Receive automated confirmation receipt – Participants will receive a receipt confirming they are signed up for their desired event and their payment has been accepted and processed.
Watch your mailbox for coming details!!!
CLRA is grateful for the devotion of the following organizations, entities and people for their commitment to the kids and community of Central Linn.
City of Brownsville, City of Halsey, Central Linn School District, Parents, Team sponsors, Coaches, Assistant coaches, AYSO 870, Volunteers, Officials and TimekeepersYour dedication serves as a reminder of just how special the Central Linn community is! See you in the fall.